The effectiveness of Nomex® has been proven and documented in laboratories, field tests and real-life flash fire and electric ARC situations.
Garments of Nomex® consistently provide outstanding thermal performance because Nomex®IIIA:
* It is inherently flame resistant.
* FR apparel made with Nomex® helps protect against heat and flames.
* Provides permanent flame resistance that won't wash out or wear away.
* Minimizes break-open and maintains a stable, inert barrier between the fire/ARC and skin, protecting the wearer from direct exposure.
* Forms a tough, protective char when exposed to flame, and stays supple until it cools.
* Meets NFPA 1975 for firefighters’ station wear.
* Meets the ASTM F-1506 standard for workers’ apparel as protection from electric ARC exposure.
* Complies with NFPA 70E Standard for Electrical Safety in the Workplace.
* Complies with NFPA 2112 Standard on Flame-Resistant garments for protection of industrial personnel against flash fire.
Garments made with Nomex® thermal technology are extremely durable and resist abrasion, tears and chemicals.
They’re also an excellent value, lasting three to five times longer than other standard and protective fabrics, including 100% cotton and flame-retardant treated (FRT) cotton. In lease, rental and purchase programs, the outstanding wear life of Nomex®IIIA garments can contribute to bottom-line savings. Garments of Nomex® are as comfortable to wear as other work clothing. Lightweight, breathable fabrics of Nomex® brand fibers are designed to transport moisture away from the skin, which helps wearers feel cool and dry. Side-by-side wear tests show that fabric weight is the single greatest factor in controlling garment comfort, and that the lightweight comfort of Nomex® is often preferred over other protective fabrics.